Abrazo Emergency Medicine Residency Salary & Benefits
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Retirement Plan
- White Coat
- Meals while on duty
- Call rooms with a lounge
- Resident computer room
- Access to the extensive library resources of the Midwestern
SalaryPGY - 1: $60,172
PGY - 2: $63,182
PGY - 3: $66,133
Books, software, tablet, EMRA allowance & other allowances
First year: $600
Second year: $800
Third year: $1000
Vacation/Leave Policy- Institutional Policy
To ensure that residents and fellows in an Abrazo training program are aware of their allotted leave time that includes vacation/PTO, sick, holiday and any medical leaves of absence. This policy also ensures that the residents/fellows are aware of the process to apply for a leave of absence.
- Residents/fellows are allowed 21-week days of vacation/PTO (paid time off) leave per Academic Year that does not accrue over the course of their training. Vacation is to be used upon a mutually agreed time by the resident/fellow and Program Director. PTO may be taken on any “normal” work day, which is defined as any day on which the resident/fellow would otherwise have been scheduled to work.
- These 21 days include vacation/sick (including Arizona Earned Paid Sick Time) /interview for job days.
- Paid time off leave cannot be carried over into the next contract year.
Leaves of Absence:
- In compliance with ACGME requirements, residents/fellows are allowed a minimum of six weeks of approved medical, parental, and caregiver leave(s) of absence for qualifying reasons that are consistent with applicable laws at least once and at any time during their training, starting the day the resident/fellow is required to report.
- During the six weeks of the first approved medical, parental, or caregiver leave, residents/fellows will be paid 100% of their salary along with the continuation of any health and disability benefits (including any eligible dependents).
- Residents/fellows must use three weeks of their allotted PTO during the first six weeks of the first approved leave. One week of PTO will be reserved for use outside of the first six weeks of the first approved leave.
- If a resident/fellow is in the first year of their employment with Tenet, he/she will need to request leave with their Program Director and Program Coordinator as they would not qualify for FMLA. The GME office will ensure that regular hours are entered into Kronos.
- In a situation where a resident/fellow needs to take additional leaves of absence during their training program, any allotted PTO will be used for this. Once PTO is exhausted, remaining leave time will be unpaid. If eligible, FMLA will run concurrently to any approved leave under this section. See below on the process to apply for FMLA.
If a resident/fellow needs to take additional leaves of absence, this will be granted in accordance with Tenet Health policy. The following rules and options apply to any medically necessary type leave (including maternity/paternity leave) or extended leave from the program. This policy is meant to supplement the Tenet Health FMLA Policy. If there is any conflict, especially in regards to paid time off, the Tenet Health FMLA Policy is the authoritative document.
Family and Medical Leave:
- Any resident/fellow is eligible to request a Family Medical Leave (FMLA) if he/she has been a Tenet Health employee for at least one year and has worked at least 1250 hours in the 12-month period previous to the FMLA leave request. If eligible, the resident/fellow is entitled up to 12 weeks of leave during any 12-month period. The resident/fellow must consider that this will extend their training time. The resident/fellow should discuss eligibility with the Human Resources Department.
- FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) protects employees’ jobs up to 12 weeks during leave but it does not guarantee your salary. Where possible, Residents/Fellows will need to fill out FMLA paperwork for all leaves at least a month prior to the leave. The following is the contact to apply: The LOA Center is 855-562-2778 or email [email protected]. Benefit Solutions is 844-877-8591 if a resident/fellow selected short-term disability as part of their benefits.