|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.5 g|
|Marinating time||1 hour|
|Fresh thyme||1½ teaspoons (or ¾ teaspoon dried)|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 +2 teaspoons|
|Olive oil||4 + 2 teaspoons|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast||½ pound|
|Heart of romaine lettuce, sliced||½|
|Medium tomato, sliced into wedges||1|
|Red onion, sliced||¼|
|Crumbled Feta||1/3 cup|
|Kalmata olives, pitted||¼ cup|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||¼ cup|
|Garlic clove, minced||½|
|Cucumber, diced||¼ cup|
|Dash of salt|
- Combine thyme, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in a small bowl. Add 4 teaspoons olive oil and whisk until incorporated.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and add half of the dressing (about 1 tablespoon). Toss to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, onion, Feta, and olives in a medium bowl. Toss with the remaining dressing.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, cucumber, remaining lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl.
- Prepare an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes and then slice into thin strips.
- Grill pita breads for about 1 minute on each side, until warmed.
- Spread yogurt sauce over pita bread. Top with the chicken and salad.
3.5 very lean meats; 1 medium-fat meat substitute; 2 fats; 2.5 starches; 1 vegetable.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.