|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||60% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 0.5
|Medium-size star fruit, trimmed and each sliced into 8 stars||4 |
|Fresh lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Light brown sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Sugar-free, fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt||2 cups|
- Place a broiler rack 6 inches from source of heat. Preheat broiler.
- Arrange star fruit slices on a baking sheet and brush with lemon juice. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil until sugar bubbles and begins to darken, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scoop frozen yogurt into 4 dessert dishes.
- Top each serving with 4 star fruit slices. Serve immediately.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.