|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||6% DV|
|Vitamin C||35% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Ricotta or whipped low-fat cream cheese||½ cup|
|Confectioners sugar||1 tablespoon|
|Fresh blueberries||1 pint|
|Sliced strawberries||½ cup|
|Large (10-inch) flour tortilla||1 |
|Butter, melted||1 tablespoon|
|Cinnamon sugar||2 teaspoon|
Toasted shredded coconut
*To toast coconut, place in a skillet over moderate heat until pale gold, stirring constantly.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta or whipped cream cheese and confectioners sugar. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine blueberries and strawberries.
- Arrange tortilla on a broiler pan. Brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat source, until lightly browned, for about 3 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Spread ricotta mixture on the tortilla. Top with blueberry mixture and then sprinkle with coconut.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.