|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||63 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||0% DV|
|Vitamin C||100% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||4 hours, 30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Ruby red grapefruit juice||2 cups|
|Sugar substitute||¼ cup|
|All Fruit red raspberry jam||2 tablespoons|
|Corn syrup||2 tablespoons|
- In a small saucepan, bring ¼ cup of grapefruit juice and sugar to a boil, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in remaining grapefruit juice and corn syrup.
- Pour mixture into an 8 or 9 inch square pan and freeze for 1 hour, or until frozen 1 inch around the edges.
- Stir well with a fork to break up large pieces of ice.
- Cover and freeze 3 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Once frozen, let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften, than scrape with a large metal spoon, creating coarse pebbles of ice.
- Serve in chilled bowls or glasses. Microwave raspberry jam until just pourable and drizzle over top of each serving.
Fruit: 2; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.