Program Application Process
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permeant resident
- Complete your application through ERAS
- Have results of step or level 2 in ERAS by February 1st
- Have no more than one failed exam score on USMLE or COMLEX
- Have preferably graduated medical school within the last 2 year
VIRTUAL: Tuesday August 30, 2022 at 6 pm (MST/ PDT – Phoenix).
A zoom link and password will be emailed out 1-2 days prior to the event.
IN-PERSON: Thursday September 22, 2022 at 6:30 pm (MST/ PDT – Phoenix)
Location: Abrazo Heart Hospital, 2nd floor Classroom
We accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). It is your responsibility to complete all of the steps outlined on the ERAS website at www.aamc.org. Please do not send any application material in any other way.
You will be notified via e-mail if you are offered an interview after your complete application has been reviewed. We encourage you to schedule your interview as soon as you receive this notification.
Interviews with faculty are scheduled on Fridays during the months of October, November, December, and January. Dinner is hosted by the residents on the evening prior to the formal interview but is not required as part of the interview process. Dinner allows you ample time to interact with some of our residents in a relaxed, informal atmosphere.
You are welcome to attend resident conference on the Thursday morning prior to your interview day. Please contact Natasha Brocks, our program coordinator, to schedule.
Please note: Interviews with faculty are scheduled on Fridays from October through January.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you accept applications requiring a visa?
We cannot support any visa (including J1 visas). Therefore, we can only accept US citizens or permanent resident applications.
2. Is there a minimum number of SLOEs required to apply?
Yes, we require at least one SLOE.
3. Is a minimum number of letters of recommendation (LORs) required to apply?
Yes, we require three LORs (including SLOEs).
4. Is there a minimum USMLE or COMLEX score to be granted an interview?
5. Is there a requirement regarding # of USMLE or COMLEX attempts?
We generally do not consider applications with more than two attempts on any single board exam.
6. Will you accept applications from trainees with prior training?
7. Do you require ECFMG certification at the time of application?
Applicants who require ECFMG certification must be in good standing at the time of application and have their ECFMG certification before the NRMP rank submission day.
8. Do you require US clinical experience for foreign medical graduates?
Yes, candidates are expected to have completed all of their medical school clinical time in the US or Canada.
9. What is your application deadline?
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Early application is encouraged. However, applications will be continually reviewed until all interview slots are filled.
1. When are the interviews?
We hold interviews virtually on Thursdays starting 10/20/22. We start the day at 7:00 am.
2. How long should I plan for the interview day?
Interview days will typically wrap up around 1:00 pm.
3. Will there be any opportunity to visit your program in person?
Yes, we will offer optional monthly evening visits/tours and social time with residents.