The Abrazo Health Network Transitional Year Residency Program is ACGME Accredited; is a one-year program accepting up to 13 residents per year. The sponsoring programs for Transitional Year are our Internal Medicine and General Surgery residency programs.
The primary site for this program is Abrazo West Campus, a 188-bed hospital located in Goodyear, AZ. Abrazo West has received Level I Trauma Center distinction. Residents rotate through the Medicine, ER and ICU service while at the Abrazo West Campus.
Residents also rotate through the Abrazo Arrowhead Campus, a 217-bed acute care hospital. Residents rotate through the Medicine and Surgery service while at Abrazo Arrowhead.
Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital serves as the site for the CCU and Inpatient Cardiology rotations. Abrazo Arizona Heart is recognized by the American Heart Association via the Mission: Lifeline-Silver Award as a STEMI Receiving Center and is a Certified
Chest Pain Center.
Residents also rotate through the Abrazo Medical Group clinics to fulfill their required ambulatory rotation experience.
Residents, faculty and staff that work collaboratively to serve the community that needs us most.
For those with a call to heal, we provide the skills to care for anyone, anywhere, at any time.
- Unopposed training
- Strong procedural skills
- Excellence in quality improvement
- Foundation in evidence based medicine
- Grassroots innovation
- 24-hour access to Midwestern University’s library resources for research
- Access to Midwestern University’s simulation lab that includes simulation patients, mannequins and task trainer resources
- Space dedicated to educational activities including computer stations and safe and convenient call rooms
- Meals provided while on duty including access to the physician’s lounge
- Allowance for textbooks, software, laptops
- Allowance to attend national and state conference(s) to representing Abrazo Transitional Year Residency Program
- 20 Vacation Days and one flex day=total of 21 days
- Time off for doctor appointments
- Protected time for didactics/journal club
- A variety of elective opportunities
- Use of electronic medical records