Thank you for your interest in our residency program. If you are interested in applying to our program, please review the criteria below. We do not sponsor visas or allow observerships.
Applicants to the Abrazo Central Family Medicine Program must:
- Review our Policy on Residency Eligibility Criteria
- Review our Resident Employment Agreement
- Complete their application through ERAS
- Have a genuine interest in and commitment to Family Medicine
- Have results of Step 2 listed in ERAS by February 1st
- Have only one failed exam score on either Step 1, Step 2 USMLE or COMLEX
- Have at least one year of hands-on U.S. clinical experience if applicant is a foreign medical graduate.
- Additionally applicants who are foreign medical graduates must not require any type of visa or sponsorship
- Have preferably graduated medical school within the past two years
We only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). It is your responsibility to complete all of the steps outlined on the ERAS website at www.aamc.org. Please do not send Letters of Recommendation, C.V.’s or applications through any other contact.
You will be notified via e-mail if you are offered an interview after your entire application has been reviewed. We encourage you to schedule your interview as soon as you receive this notification.
Interviews with faculty are scheduled Tuesday and Thursday mornings during the months of November and December. Dinner hosted by residents on the evening prior to the formal interview is a required part of the interview process. This allows you ample time to interact with some of our residents in a relaxed, informal atmosphere.
We limit the number of interviews per day to allow adequate time for you to explore the program and meet our Family Medicine Residency Team. If you have any questions, please contact us .