Student Ambassador Program
What is the Student Ambassador Program?
This is a unique summer volunteer program only at Abrazo West Campus for young people to contribute to their community as well as discover if a career in health care is in their future. Students who are accepted into the program may use their volunteer hours towards their student learning requirements, honor societies, or for future college application references.
Students who are between the ages of 15-19 are eligible to apply to the program.
What are the requirements of the program?
8-week summer program beginning on June 6th to July 29th, 2022.
- Must be aged 15-19
- Must be a student
- Must complete a minimum of 40 volunteer hours during the program
- Need to have this in order to be considered for future opportunities during school year
- Must complete one, 4 hour shift per week
- Must complete a weekly one hour lunch and learn ( must attend 7 out of the 9 offered speakers)
- Students must be available 7 out of the 8 weeks
- One week vacation is allowed
- Application packets can only be acquired by attending one of the mandatory informational sessions.
- A parent or legal guardian is required to attend with the student
- Sessions will go over exciting opportunities the program offers, application process, and expectations
- If the mandatory informational session is missed, the student will not be eligible for the 2022 summer program
2022 Session Dates
All mandatory information sessions and applications for the 2022 summer program have been provided and are no longer available. Any interested candidates for the 2023 summer program should follow up on this page for updates in December of 2022.
We expect our students to take their volunteer assignment seriously, just as they would a class attendance or employment. Please consider your student’s ability to meet the required time commitment before submitting an application. Applicants who miss the information session or who turn in incomplete packets will not be considered for the Student Ambassador Program.
Our program allows students to learn about health care careers firsthand. We are passionate about supporting and guiding the next generation of health care professionals.