|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||42 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||0% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||45 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Jonagold or Golden Delicious apples, peeled, halved, and cored||2 |
|Apple juice or water||2 cups|
|Orange marmalade||½ cup|
|Large egg whites||2 |
|Chopped, toasted almonds||2 tablespoons|
- In small saucepot, poach apples in apple juice for 8-10 minutes or until barely tender. Drain.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of marmalade into center of each half.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl with electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Gradually beat in sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in almonds.
- Cover tops of apple halves to edges with egg white mixture.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.