|Serving Size||1 square|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|White sugar||¼ cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Buttermilk, 1% fat||1 cup|
|Margarine, regular, tub||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil (to grease baking pan)||1 teaspoon|
Use 1% milk and a small amount of margarine to make this cornbread lower in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Beat lightly.
- Slowly add buttermilk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add margarine and mix by hand or with a mixer for 1 minute.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in an 8-by-8 inch greased baking dish. Cool. Cut
into 10 squares.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.