Why Abrazo for Stroke Care?
At Abrazo Health we deliver the highest level of integrated care that enhances clinical outcomes and the patient experience. We guide our patients through every phase of their personalized care plans, with focus on prevention, treatment and rehabilitation.
• Acute stroke teams and designated inpatient stroke units
• Award-winning centers for outstanding patient care
• Recognized Certified Stroke Center
• Get with the Guidelines Award by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
• 24-hour interpretation of computerized CT scans
• Customized cardiac rehabilitation programs including neurology
• Occupational, physical, respiratory and speech therapy
Stroke Care Services are offered at these locations:
Stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States. With Stroke – Time is Brain. For every minute that brain cells are deprived of oxygen during stroke, the likelihood of brain damage increases. Act FAST represents four key signs of identifying a possible stroke: face, arms, speech and time. Here’s how it works:
Know the Symptoms of a Stroke – Act FAST
Face - Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
Arms - Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
Speech - Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence. Are the words slurred? Can the patient repeat the sentence correctly?
Time - Get the affected person to a hospital right away to receive the most effective treatment.
If a person is having trouble with these basic commands, call 911 immediately.
Are You at Risk for a Stroke?It is possible to have a stroke without the risk factors listed below. However, the more risk factors you have, the greater your likelihood of having a stroke. If you have a number of risk factors, ask your doctor what you can do to reduce your risk. Risk factors for stroke include:
• Poor Diet
• Drug Use
• Certain Medical Conditions
• Genetic Factors
• Ethnic Background
Learn more about risk factors