MAKOplasty® Hip and Knee
Why Abrazo's Arrowhead Hospital?
- Arrowhead Hospital is recognized for quality patient care, staff and patient outcomes.
- Arrowhead Hospital is one of only three hospitals in Arizona to hold the designation of UnitedHealth Premium total joint specialty center.
- Arrowhead is the ONLY hospital in Arizona to offer the MAKOplasty® Total HIp Arthroplasy using the RIO® Robotic Arm System.
- Arrowhead is the only hospital in the West valley to offer the latest MAKOplasty knee procedure using the RIO Robotic Arm System.
- At Arrowhead Hospital patients are supported throughout the entire process, from evaluation through both hip and knee surgery.
- MAKOplasty knee procedure at Arrowhead enables orthopedic surgeons to precisely resurface only the arthritic portion of the knee and preserve healthy tissue and bone
- MAKOplasty Total Hip Arthroplasty and Partial Knee Resurfacing procedures facilitate optimal implant positioning to result in a longer life span of implants and a more natural feel following surgery.
- MAKOplasty results in a more rapid recovery and shorter hospital stay than traditional total knee replacement surgery.
First Hospital in Arizona to offer the Total Hip Arthroplasty procedure and continuing to advance its Partial Knee Resurfacing program
Arrowhead Hospital now offers the total MAKOplasty advantage, becoming the first Hospital in Arizona to offer the Total Hip Arthroplasty procedure and continuing to advance its Partial Knee Resurfacing program. MAKOplasty is an Innovative Less Invasive Option. MAKOplasty, using the highly advanced RIO Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System, offers a new level of precision and accuracy in aligning and placing implants. Patients who desire a restore lifestyle and seek the latest technology advancements in knee and hip procedure may benefit from a MAKOplasty procedure.
MAKOplasty Total Hip Replacement:
- Can reduce the likelihood of hip dislocation
- More consistency in leg length
- Potentially decreasing the need for a shoe lift
- May improve the life of the implant
MAKOplasty Partial Knee Resurfacing:
- Improved surgical outcomes
- Less implant wear and loosening
- Joint resurfacing
- Bone sparing
- Smaller incision
- Less scarring
- Reduced blood loss
RIO® Robotic System
The RIO® Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System features three dimensional pre-surgical planning.
During surgery, the RIO® provides the surgeon with real-time visual, tactile and auditory feedback to facilitate optimal joint resurfacing and implant positioning. It is this optimal placement that can result in more natural knee motion following surgery and improve the life expectancy of hip implants.
Affiliated MAKOplasty certified orthopedic surgeons, and Arrowhead Hospital's highly skilled nurses and physical therapists work together to provide quality care throughout the entire process, from evaluation and surgery to therapy.