Clinical & Translational Research Institute
Why Abrazo Health Clinical & Translational Research Institute?
Abrazo Health Clinical & Transformational Research Institute (CTRI) is dedicated to enhancing access to health and medical services, and improving the overall patient experience through medical education and evidence-based care practices.
- Patients often are the first to receive promising new treatments before they become available in the community.
- As a patient you are helping others with the same disease to improve their health, now and in the future.
- Patients help physicians advance knowledge about the causes, progression and treatment of disease.
- CTRI, a centralized research department, was created one year ago to help coordinate operation of industry-sponsored clinical research for Abrazo-employed physicians and to facilitate regulatory and legal requirements related to research at all Abrazo hospitals.
- CTRI provides a number of services to help physician investigators perform clinical studies, an essential component of bringing research discoveries from the lab bench to the bedside. Services include:
- Experienced clinical research coordinators
- Management of regulatory documents and IRB submissions
- Budget and contract management for industry sponsored studies
- Financial management for external investigators
(physicians who practice at Abrazo facilities but are not employed by Abrazo)
The staff is dedicated to advancing medical knowledge, enhancing access to health and medical services, and improving the overall patient experience through medical education and evidence-based care practice.
Clinical research plays an integral role in transforming scientific discoveries into real-world therapies that prevent and treat illness and foster our mission of helping people achieve health for life. New therapies, devices, medications, treatments, and the improvement of medical knowledge all begin with clinical studies and research.
CTRI offers a wide range of studies located at Abrazo Health hospitals. Studies include the treatment of:
- Acute venous thrombosis
- Aortic aneurysm
- Articular cartilage lesions
- Calcified peripheral artery disease
- Chronic venous leg ulcers
- Post-op nausea and vomiting
- Warfarin therapy in atrial fibrillation
- and more
Physicians interested in partnering with the Abrazo Health Clinical & Translational Research Institute (CTRI), please call 602.604.5270 or email Ann Becker at email@example.com