|First year: ||$47,891.00 |
|Second year: ||$49,173.00 |
|Third year: ||$51,358.00 |
|Chief: ||$54,636.00 |
Download the Resident Employment Agreement.pdf(PDF)
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee retirement plan
- Two white lab coats are furnished by the hospital
- All meals are provided when on duty
- Call rooms with computer access are available
Vacation and Leave
- Three weeks vacation per year (15 working days)
- Seven paid holidays per year with compensatory time off for working a major holiday
- Maternity/Paternity leave policy
- Two job hunting days for third year residents
Books, Conference & Other Self-education
First year: $225 allowance
Second year: $800 allowance and 2 CME days
Third year: $1000 allowance and 5 CME days
All: (1) $100 allowance toward purchase of palm device or iPod Touch (2) Personal subscription to Up-to-Date
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Fetal Strip Review
- Neonatal Resusciatation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
The costs of these training courses are covered by the Phoenix Baptist Family Medicine Residency.
A full Arizona Medical License is required during the second year of residency for those who are eligible.
Membership in AAFP & AzAFP
The Program encourages participation in their programs and pays for the resident's membership in:
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Arizona Academy of Family Physicians (AzAFP)
- Highly supports participation in clinical research, poster presentations, lectures, review articles.
- Presentation at statewide Academic Excellence Day.
- Presentation at national conferences including the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine conference.
- Opportunity to participate in the University of Arizona Faculty Development Fellowship Program.