Rehabilitation and Therapy
Rehabilitation & Therapy
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab
- Lymphedema, Wound & Ostomy Care
- Occupational & Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Lymphedema Reduction & Management Program
Lymphedema is an abnormal accumulation of high protein fluid in an area of the body. It is caused by an impairment in the function of lymph vessels and/or lymph nodes. Characteristics of lymphedema include swelling, changes in skin and tissue texture, and vulnerability to infection.
You may be at risk for lymphedema if you have had:
- Cancer treatment that involved surgical removal of lymph nodes and/or radiation
- Any surgery that cut through major lymph vessels
- Family members with a history of swelling
- Long-standing problems with your veins
- Injuries resulting in long-lasting swelling
- Repeated skin infections
Phoenix Baptist Hospital is home to a certified lymphedema therapist who provides each patient with a comprehensive evaluation and individually tailored plan of care. To schedule an appointment, or for further information about our program, please call (602) 246-5761.
See more Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services offered at all Abrazo Health Care locations.