Volunteer at Paradise Valley
Become a volunteer
Our dedicated volunteers play an integral role in overall hospital operations. Serving as ambassadors to patients and visitors, volunteers greet and direct patients, assist on nursing floors and provide clerical support. If you would like to learn more about the rewarding volunteer opportunities available at an Abrazo Health Care facility, please click here.
What kind of volunteer opportunities are offered?
We have a wide range of volunteer positions in patient and non-patient areas. These include outpatient reception desk, information desk, emergency department, nursing units, rehabilitation, medical staffing and medical records. You can volunteer during the day, in the evening or on the weekends. We will work with your schedule.
Prospective volunteers must:
- Attend an orientation
- Submit to a background check
- Take an annual tuberculosis screening test
- Attend an annual health and safety class
- Receive a flu shot if you work during flu season
All of these requirements are for the protection of our patients. Once approved, the volunteer must be ready to commit to work one four-hour shift per week for at least six months.
Benefits of volunteering:
(note: benefits vary by hospital)
- Free parking
- Free meal ticket for the day you volunteer
- Access to hospital educational programs
- Free uniform
- Annual volunteer recognition event
- Free flu shots
- Free TB skin tests
- Gift shop discount
- Holiday appreciation lunches