Phoenix Paradise Valley Emergency Care
Paradise Valley Hospital’s emergency care department (ED) treats more than 30,000 patients annually. The hospital continues to see an increase in ED patient volume due to the explosive growth in the north valley and the enhanced access to the hospital by the 51 and 101 loop. Our goal is to be the destination of choice for patients and our EMS partners in care.
As a result of this growth, Paradise Valley Hospital completed a $5.8 million expansion of the ED in July of 2004, increasing capacity from 18 beds to 27 beds, and enlarging from 6,000 square feet to 16,000 square feet. In addition to the physical expansion of the ED, the hospital has improved its technology and processes to provide enhanced patient care and service.
- Check in now with InQuicker
- Commitment to shorter ER wait time
- Certified Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
- Cardiac monitors for all 27 ED beds.
- Wireless Bedside Registration for decreased wait times and enhanced patient privacy and comfort.
- Designated rooms for “fast track”/urgent care for minor emergencies.
- ED physicians board-certified in emergency medicine.
- Customer service focused ED team.
- Increased staffing for minimal wait time for EMS personnel.
- Decreased wait time for patients.
- All private rooms to ensure our patients’ comfort and privacy.
- Two new medical office buildings on campus.
- New technology to save time, muscle and lives with 12-lead ECG from the field capability.
- Ranked number one by Phoenix Fire in stretcher to bed time.
See more Emergency Services offered at all Abrazo Health locations.