Mother and Newborn Care
Having a baby is a very special experience and we are committed to making your childbirth experience as special and comfortable as possible. Being surrounded by those you care about is very important. The staff of Maryvale Hospital’s Mother & Newborn Care encourages and supports you in having your family members share this experience with you. In addition, they are here to provide education for you and your family.
Mother & Newborn tours and classes
We invite you to tour Maryvale Hospital prior to your delivery by signing up for a tour. To guide you throughout every aspect of your pregnancy, delivery and early parenting stages, we offer a variety of classes. All classes are taught by nurses or medical professionals who work in our Mother & Newborn Care center. Visit our online class registration site to arrange a tour and sign up for our classes
For your convenience, we encourage you to pre-register for your stay at Maryvale Hospital
. Pre-registration will allow us to receive and process your information prior to your visit and keep you informed before and after your stay. You will be contacted upon receipt of your pre-registration form and provided materials in anticipation of your new baby!
What to expect when you arrive
Labor and Delivery
We offer 24-hour anesthesia services for epidural pain management and Cesarean sections in our two operating rooms.
Maryvale Hospital provides Level I and Level II nursery services. Level II is for newborns with any special medical needs. Security measures are provided to ensure that your newborn is in a safe environment during your entire stay. Only parents with proper identification bands are allowed to enter the nursery.
Our post partum rooms are private and comfortable. Your newborn remains with you during your stay. You will always have nursing support when needed. Breastfeeding counselors are also available to support you.
Con Carino Program
Con Carino is designed especially to help you throughout your pregnancy by providing you with the support and resources you need.
- Attend our free prenatal classes taught by our own Mother & Newborn Care nurses.
- Receive assistance with your hospital pre-registration process.
- Take a free tour of our hospital.
- Meet our nursing staff and ask questions before and after you deliver your baby.
- Spanish speaking nurse is available daily at the Mother & Newborn Care Center.
- Meet with WIC (Arizona Women, Infants & Children), located at Maryvale Hospital nursing floor. See if you quality for WIC services that provides nutritious foods; nutrition education; and referrals for pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women.
View our Expectant Mother & Newborn Care video and learn more about services offered at all Abrazo Health locations.