Health Tip: Preparing Leftovers
(HealthDay News) -- Taking food home from a restaurant or
storing the excess from last night's dinner isn't worth it if the
food makes you sick.
The Foodsafety.gov website offers these guidelines for safe
preparation of leftovers:
- Keep leftovers in shallow storage containers.
- If freezing, do so within two hours of cooking.
- Eat all refrigerated leftovers within four days, or throw them
- Eat frozen leftovers within four months.
- Make sure all leftovers are thoroughly reheated before
Copyright © 2014
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.