Health Tip: Battling The Post-Baby Blues
(HealthDay News) -- There are many physical and emotional
changes in a new mother's life that can trigger a bout of the
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions to
help prevent the condition:
- Get as much sleep as possible, napping when your baby
- Don't put so much pressure on yourself, and accept that you
can't do everything.
- Let others help out.
- Avoid being without another adult's company all of the
- Seek help from your spouse or partner, friends and family, or
consider joining a new mom's support group.
- Find time for regular exercise.
Copyright © 2013
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.