Health Tip: Exercising After Baby is Born
(HealthDay News) -- Many women are eager to slim down after baby
arrives, but it takes time for your body to recover.
The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions for
- Talk to your doctor about when it is safe to resume
- Gradually ease back into exercise, building up duration and
intensity over time.
- Drink plenty of fluids, and avoid getting overtired.
- Support your abdomen and breasts when you exercise.
- Eat a balanced and nutritious diet.
- Your goals and exercise schedule will depend on the type of
delivery you had, and your general health. Discuss with your
Copyright © 2013
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.