|Serving Size||1/6 of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||4% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||½ hour|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
|Sugar substitute||½ cup for batter, ¾ cup for berries|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Fat-free milk||2 tablespoons|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Orange peel, grated||1 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, ½ cup sugar substitute, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Combine egg substitute, milk, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
- Grease the bottom of a 3-quart casserole baking dish. Spread batter evenly into the bottom of the dish.
- In saucepan, combine berries, water, orange peel, and ¾ cup sugar substitute. Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over batter. Do not mix.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or frozen yogurt.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.