|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Turkey breast with bones||6 pounds (with at least 2 cups meat)|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||½ teaspoon|
|Dried sage||½ teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||½ teaspoon|
|Dried tarragon||½ teaspoon|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Italian pastina or pasta||½ pound|
- Place turkey breast in large 6-quart pot.
Cover with water until at least three quarters
- Peel onions, cut into large pieces, and
add to pot. Wash celery stalks, slice,
and add to pot.
- Simmer covered for about 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove carcass from pot. Divide soup into smaller, shallower
containers for quick cooling in refrigerator.
- After cooling, skim off fat.
- While soup cools, remove remaining meat from turkey carcass.
Cut into pieces.
- Add turkey meat to skimmed soup, along with herbs and spices.
- Bring to boil and add pastina. Continue cooking on low boil for
about 20 minutes, until pastina is done. Serve at once or refrigerate
for later reheating.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.