|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||8.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||2|
|Reduced-sodium chicken broth||¼ cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Boiling water||1 cup|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Dried tarragon||1 teaspoon|
|Zest of ½ lemon|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Flatten chicken to about a 1-inch thickness with a rolling pin or your fist. Place chicken in a baking dish, drizzle with broth, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken for about 20 minutes, until it is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cover raisins with boiling water. Let the raisins stand for 15 minutes, until they are plump, and then drain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, tarragon, and the lemon zest. Stir in the raisins.
- Arrange chicken over a green salad, drizzle with dressing, and serve.
5 very lean meats; 1.5 fats
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.