|Serving Size||½ recipe|
|Total Fat||12.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
|Marinating Time||4-24 hours|
|Pork tenderloin, visible fat removed||12 ounces|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||¼ cup|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Sesame oil||1 teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 tablespoons|
- Combine pork, soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours, turning a few times.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Remove pork from marinade and pat dry. Combine the brown sugar and honey and then rub over the pork. Place sesame seeds in a shallow plate and then roll the pork in the seeds until well-covered.
- Place meat in baking dish and roast in the oven. Note that during cooking, the honey-sugar mixture will drip into the pan and burn, but the pork will not. For easier clean-up, line the baking dish with foil before placing the pork on it.
- Roast for 40-55 minutes, or until the pork reaches 160˚F. You can remove the pork when it’s at 155˚F; it will continue to cook slightly once out of the oven, raising the temperature to 160˚F, but keep the thermometer in to monitor it’s temperature status. Slice thinly and serve.
Steam or boil 1 cup baby carrots until tender. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 minced garlic clove and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup snap peas and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in carrots and sauté for another minute.
For added flavor cook brown rice with a low-sodium bouillion cube.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.