Pan-seared Citrus Chicken With Bulgur
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||45.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9.5 g|
|Bulgur wheat||½ cup|
|Chicken bouillon cube||½|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Scallion, thinly sliced||1|
|Raisins, or other dried fruit||2 tablespoons|
|Walnuts, or other nuts, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Chicken breast filets||2 (6-ounce)|
|Ground black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||½ teaspoon|
- Cook ½ cup bulgur according to package directions, but add ½ of a chicken bouillon cube for flavor.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add scallion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the raisins, nuts, and bulgur and set aside.
- Place chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound using a mallet or your hands until chicken is about ½ inch thick. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a medium to large-sized skillet. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes; flip, cover with a lid, and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Squeeze the orange over the chicken and serve over the bulgur.
5 very lean meats; 2 starches; 2.5 fats; ½ fruit
Toss a bag of mixed greens with your favorite salad veggies and dressing.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.