|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
Save the leftovers for lunch.
|90% reduced-fat ground beef||1 pound|
|Small white onion, chopped||1|
|Green bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Diced tomatoes with added puree||1 (28-ounce) can|
|Kidney beans, drained||1 (16-ounce) can|
|Chili powder||2 tablespoons|
|Dried oregano||1½ teaspoons|
|Light sour cream||¼ cup|
|Reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese||¼ cup|
- Heat a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown, breaking with a wooden spoon or spatula until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add tomatoes and beans to the pot. Stir in cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or more, until the chili reaches desired thickness.
- Top each bowl of chili with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon cheese.
3 lean meats; 1.5 very lean meat substitutes; 1.5 starches; 1 vegetable
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.