A scant amount of oil and part-skim mozzarella cheese give this lower fat dish a Mediterranean flavor.
|Serving Size||1 fillet roll.|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Nonstick cooking spray as needed|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh mushrooms, sliced||½ pound|
|Fresh spinach, chopped||½ pound|
|Oregano leaves, crushed||¼ teaspoon|
|Clove garlic, minced||1|
|Sole fillets or other white fish||1½ pounds|
|Part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated||4 ounces (1 cup) |
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spray a 10 x 6-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet; sauté mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and continue cooking about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat; drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
- Add oregano and garlic to drained sautéed vegetables; stir to mix ingredients.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets, placing filling in center of each fillet.
- Roll fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Lift out with a slotted spoon.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.