|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||64 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6.5 g|
Save leftovers for lunch or freeze for a quick future lunch or dinner.
|Olive oil||2 + 2 teaspoons|
|Beef round eye, visible fat removed and sliced into ¼-inch thick pieces||1 pound|
|Salt||2 dashes + ½ teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||2 dashes|
|Pale ale or light beer||10 ounces|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Yukon Gold potatoes (1 pound), peeled and sliced crosswise into ⅛ to ¼-inch thick pieces||2-3|
|Sweet potatoes (1 pound), peeled and sliced crosswise into ⅛ to ¼-inch thick pieces||1-2|
|Yellow onions, sliced||3|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add half of the meat and brown on both sides. Season with a dash of salt and pepper, and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining meat.
- Pour beer and water into the skillet and add the bouillon cube. Scrape brown bits off the bottom of the pan and then transfer the pan juices to a bowl with a pour spout or a large measuring cup.
- Add the rest of the oil to the skillet and cook the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, layer ½ of the potatoes, the meat, the onions, and then the remaining potatoes (ie, begin and end with the potatoes). Season the top layer of potatoes with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and add the reserved pan juices.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the potatoes are soft and the meat is tender, about 45 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
4 starches; 3 lean meats; 1 fat; 1 vegetable
Top mixed greens with cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, and sliced yellow bell pepper. Drizzle with favorite dressing.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.