|Serving Size||1/8 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||45% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 2.0
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Chopped onion||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2 |
|No salt added stewed tomatoes, undrained||2 cans (14½ ounces each)|
|Low sodium vegetable broth||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Cannellini beans, drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Red kidney beans, drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Green pepper, diced||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
|Basil leaves||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Uncooked small shell pasta||4 ounces|
- Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot; add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid, broth, water, beans, parsley, basil, pepper, oregano, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately with whole wheat bread and side salad.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.