- Blow your nose gently before using the spray.
- Prime the pump bottle by spraying it into the air a few times.
- Hold the bottle with your thumb at the bottom and the first two fingers at the top on either side of the nozzle.
- Tilt your head slightly forward.
- Gently insert the nozzle tip into one nostril. Press on the other side of your nose with one finger to close off th eother nostril.
- Breathe in quickly while squeezing down on the pump bottle one time.
- Repeat in other nostril.
- Do not blow your nose right after using the spray.
Use nasal pump spray only as long as directed
AHFS® Consumer Medication Information. © Copyright, The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Inc., 7272 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland. All Rights Reserved. Duplication for commercial use must be authorized by ASHP.
Last Reviewed: September 1, 2010.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.