Health Tip: Preventing Stairway Falls
(HealthDay News) -- Stairways and falling down seem to go
hand-in-hand, but there are things you can do to help keep you on
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these
stairway safety tips:
- Never let clutter pile up on stairs.
- Repair any uneven, broken or loose steps.
- Make sure a light is installed over the stairway with a switch
at both the top and bottom. If the bulb is burned out and you are
unable to change it, ask a friend or loved one to do it.
- If your stairs have carpeting, make sure it is firmly in place,
with no tears or loose spots.
- Make sure handrails are secured to the wall on both sides of
Copyright © 2014
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.