Health Tip: Promote Good Oral Health in Children
(HealthDay News) - Teach young children to help protect their
teeth and gums, and these early habits may last a lifetime.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions:
- Fill bottles with only breast milk, milk or formula. Don't give
baby juice, soft drinks or other sweetened beverages.
- Don't let baby take a bottle to bed. The bottle should be
- Offer a plain pacifier, never one that's been dipped in
- Teach your child to drink from a regular cup by age 1. Avoid
- Only offer sweets occasionally. Instead, give your child
Copyright © 2014
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.