(HealthDay News) -- Pesticides are commonly used at homes,
farms, gardens, parks and schools, and can be toxic if
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions to
help reduce a child's exposure to pesticides:
- Limit serving foods that have been treated with pesticides
- Carefully wash all vegetables and fruits before a family member
- Control insects and weeds at home using non-chemical
- Store all pesticides and herbicides out of your child's
- Avoid frequent spraying with insecticide of your home.
Copyright © 2013
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.