Health Tip: Keep Kids Safe in Cold Weather
(HealthDay News) -- Playing in the great outdoors during the
chilly winter months can be a lot of fun, but it's important to
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers this advice:
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 all winter long.
- Dress kids in layers, starting with moisture-wicking fabrics
close to the skin. Be wary of hoods that could block vision and
scarves that could pose a choking hazard if they became
- Wear helmets and other protective gear when necessary, and
follow general safety rules.
- Be careful that all bodies of water used for skating are
completely frozen solid.
- Make sure all equipment is in good working order and fits
Copyright © 2013
HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © EBSCO Publishing. All rights reserved.